Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Three Tours Wave Quilting Design

Right now, I'm a little obsessed with this quilting design.  


When I first downloaded this design - I didn't think much of it.  It was from a Gammill release - free - didn't really enter my mind to start using it. 

Then Cindy decided she wanted it on this quilt.  Leave it to Cindy - I have followed her blog for years and her taste in fabric and patterns is like no other.  Every quilt she makes is amazing.  And every quilt she makes I want to copy!  She has an eye like no other and I'm always amazed at how perfect her quilts turn out.  

She sent me this quilt - I have to be honest, I've seen this pattern out there, and it isn't one I had to make.  I like it, but I'm ok without making it.  


She picked the 3 Tours Wave design - and I almost thought it was odd.  I hadn't used it before.  I was excited to try it - but didn't have high expectations. 


BOY WAS I WRONG!  Again - leave it to Cindy to know exactly what this quilt needed.  The whole time I was quilting this I stared at it.  I loved the quilt pattern - the solid plus signs that stand out - the way the Wave design adds movement.  I loved everything about this quilt.  I threw a picture up on Instagram and everyone else loved it too!  


To top it off - she used Ikea backing -which fit it perfectly.  

Thanks Cindy for introducing me to this design - I LOVE IT - I push it on people like a drug now because I think it looks so good on everything!  When I grow up I want to have an eye like Cindy and be able to make amazing quilts!  Thanks!




6 comments:

Empty Closet Quilting said...

Looks great! I bet it makes a cozy quilt.

JusticeBlog said...

I've been holding out on quilting my x plus quilt to wait for the perfect quilting pattern to hit me...I may have just been hit =)

helen said...

Love love this quilt!

Cindy said...

Awww! Thanks so much!

Andee said...

I love it too! Going to show my longarmer! :) Great quilt and quilting too!

Unknown said...

Love this quilt and the pattern, how can I get it from Gammill? Would love to try it out, can't find it anywhere...