Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Client Quilts

I feel like I haven't done a post of quilts forever!  So I'm going through my pictures trying to get caught up.  These ones are older quilts - like from last summer old!  Moving forward I'm going to try to post a weekly Client Quilts post with all the quilts I finished that week - so I stay on top of things a little better.  I throw in the old ones here and there until I'm caught up with everything. 

This Rainbow Pinwheel quilt was done by Holly and was so bright and fun and happy to work on. 

Surf was the pattern that was quilted on it.  I think it worked perfectly!

The backing was this fun bright polka dot - perfect for the colors on the front.  Holly bound it with a black and white stripe - PERECT choice!

This next quilt was also Holly's that she made for a friend. 

Bubbles was the pattern she chose.  Bubbles is one of my most popular pattern requests and looks great on all quilts!  I like how the circles mix up all the straight lines.  I'm loving the blueish hues all together - and I still love a good chevron quilt!  Can't get enough of them. 

 This next one is a pattern Jodi from Pleasant Home put out around Christmas.  You can read more about it here - and get a free block tutorial. 

I fell in love with this fabric - Holiday Bouquet by Amanda Murphy.  I promptly bought me a bundle and am contemplating designs so I have my own quilt next year!

Jodi picked Christmas Bells for the pattern which went along with this perfectly!  I love the paisley loops and holly all mixed in.  Great pattern!

Another one of Jodi's quilt is Water Lily she used the pattern by the same name from Sherri McConnell's book

She chose Asian Vines for the pattern.  I hadn't used this pattern before, so I'm always a little nervous - but I LOVED how it turned out.  It fit the pattern/fabric/design perfectly. 


Her backing was white and showcased the quilting so well.  It turned out great!

This last quilt was I think the first quilt Jodi sent my way.  It was love at first sight for me with this quilt!  I love the pinwheels, the red, green, grey, and white fabrics.  Everything about this quilt was perfect.  She almost didn't get it back! 

It looks like I took these pictures at night!  They are so dark and hard to see the quilting.  Run over here to see a better picture. 

She chose 30's Flower and used this Bonnie and Camille grey floral fabric on backing!  It pulled all the fabrics together perfectly! 

I loved this quilt so much -  a few weeks after I gave it up to Jodi I got a package from her with a table running using some left over blocks!  I was so excited.  I now have a piece of this quilt all the time!




No comments: