Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Table Toppers

I'm obsessed with this topper - I have 2 others done - and am working on my 4th one as of tonight.  I had a client send me one to quilt and fell in love!  Now I want to make them with every spare charm pack or mini I own!  

I used a charm back of Joy by Kate Spain for Moda for this one.  Out of 1 charm pack - you cut squares down to 2 1/2 and you can get a full topper and the middle of another one.  I used an Avalon (Fig Tree) charm pack and did one just like the Christmas one - and than did one with the middle patchworked with a border around it instead of the squares.   ANYWAYS - love this and you'll be seeing a lot more of these!  

I quilted it using the Glacee  pattern and love how it turned out!  

Isn't it cute all set up for Christmas (was cute)!

The next one is this simple square table topper out of Sentiments by 3 Sisters.  The more I see out of this line the more I'm drawn to it.  

I used Christmas Paisley for this one.  Love how it looks on the plain red backing.  

I love table toppers - great to have around the house when you need a little color and perfect for those quick gifts you decide you need last minute.  

I'm not very good at using all my scraps when they just sit around - so after I'm done with a quilt - if the leftover fabrics are just scrappy - I try to cut up to make a runner or topper.  Gets a quick project out of the way and makes me feel like I'm using all my fabric!




3 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh, these are really cute. I'd love to make one like the top one. I love to have new toppers for my kitchen table. I need to make two for Valentine's Day - need to find some fabric. :-)

Donna said...

Love the Christmas table topper using "Joy." How big are the white strips and what are the finished dimensions? Thanks for sharing.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Too cute... Thanks for the inspiration! I love table toppers and charms. It's so fun to play with fabrics that I might not otherwise be able to. I'm going to be imitating you for sure!