Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Perfect Pair

Sadly - I don't even remember when I made this quilt.  I have no memory of sewing it.  I remember seeing my friend Sue's completed quilt and knew I had to make one for myself, but other then that its all a big blur.  I do think it was made pre children era of my life (also a big blur).


The line is Maison De Noel by 3 Sisters and one of my all time favorite lines.  ALL TIME.  I can't get enough of this line and still have a bin full that I'm unwilling to part with.  The pattern used was 5 and Dime by All Washed Up.  This is quick and easy quilt to whip up.  I use it when there are focal fabrics I can't bare to cut up.  


I have heard about this quilt pattern Denali by Ann Bright and have been wanting to get it and try it out.  This was the perfect pair.  I love the big swirls in this pattern.  It worked perfectly with the leafy and paisley fabrics in the quilt.  I used a King Tut variegated redish thread which turned out well.  I'm sometimes weary of using darker threads, but like how this turned out.  


Here is a closer view of the design.  


I am loving my quilting machine - and have never had so many quilts to bind in all my life!  I currently have 4 with the bindings on, waiting for me to hand sewn down, and about 5 more to get bindings on!  Less than a month ago I had a closet full of quilts to be completed, now I'm down to about 3 or 4 only.  So fun to get them all completed!  

No comments: