Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thankful

A few quick updates to remind me of a great weekend and how lucky my little family is.

- Afternoon spent with my siblings Nick and Whit.  They came over to help me while I worked on Tuesday and entertained my kids and each other all afternoon.  I wish every day could be spent chatting with these two.

- Spent Thanksgiving day at my parents house with my family.  It was nice and peaceful - except for Sam screaming for a hotdog and wanting to leave from the moment we sat down....after dinner we played a little Chinese Checkers which brought me back to my childhood and reminded me of my Grandma DeSpain.  I love watching Jake learn to play this old game.  

I stole this picture off my mom's blog - but I love it of my parents!  Such a cute picture and such a nice day.  


- Friday hit Thanksgiving Point for the Christmas Spectacular light show.  Sam is so excited for the lights and the tree and trains and all things Christmas this year.  Aren't the holidays so much more fun with little ones?   We also put up the Christmas decorations downstairs.  We have a small tree with action type ornaments that the kids love.  Last year we added the addition of a little Polar Express Train that chugs around the tree. 

I have no idea how to take a picture in the dark with the Christmas tree lights on - but I had to try.  This is where Sam sat most of the night.  Right in front of the tree, playing with the train.  Such a cute sight, and a cute little guy.  


We also decided to get into the spirit with a little Christmas show.  Arthur Christmas is such a cute Christmas movie.  If you haven't seen it, watch it.  It will touch your heart - no matter what age.


- Saturday we flipped on the Christmas carols, pulled out our singing Santa, and got started on the decorations for Christmas.  The house is a wreck, there is still a few things to be put out and a good cleaning left to be done - but we got the tree up which is all Jake cared about.  Watching the boys tonight decorate the tree was fun.  All the ornaments were clumped together in two spots - Jakes spot and Sam's spot.  We pulled out the Christmas books we put away each year and read Frosty the Snowman.  Always a favorite in our household.  

Tonight - as I get ready to jump into my warm bed I will be grateful for all that I have.  Healthy kids, loving supportive husband, families who love and help us so much.  Warm house, cozy beds, and Christmas trees to decorate.  Jobs (whether we like them or not - at least we have them).  I am grateful for leftovers and long weekends.  Days spent in our pjs.  Movie nights with popcorn and red vines.  Black Friday and Cyber Monday - and that really there is no longer a difference.  I can shop from my computer and not have to get dressed!  Gammill quilt machines that allow me to get a quilt done while playing air hockey with Jake.  Memories - of family times - of old, life long friends.  For fabric and hobby's that keep me sane.  But most importantly - I am thankful for my family - crazy as we are these days - I wouldn't want it any other way.  

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!  

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Thank you for sharing your days with us. You have a beautiful family.

A little crazy is not such a bad thing. LOL