Monday, March 12, 2012

Menu Mondays

Have you heard of Bountiful Baskets? My neighbor got me excited about this little co-op and I purchased my first basket last weekend.  For $15 I got a slew of anaheim peppers, asparagus, carrots, green onions, kale, and a head of lettuce.  For fruits I got pineapple, bananas, mangos, oranges, and apples.  Two huge bags full of these things for $15!  Pretty good deal.  So I've been cooking up a storm and have big plans this week!

Monday - Veggie tacos (I added shrimp and was so excited that Mike loved these!)
Tuesday - Kabobs - shrimp, peppers, pineapple w/chips and pineapple mango salsa (a version of this)
Wednesday - Grilled Island Chicken w/ asparagus and fruit
Thursday - Citrus salmon over kale w/ fruit salad
Friday - Pizza night at Martas I'll be bringing the homemade ceasar salad
Saturday - something with Mangos I've got to use them up!

Saturday I'll be getting my next basket so will have a new grouping of veggies and fruits to work with.  I also ordered there granola and bread this week.  It's like Christmas!  Can't wait to see what comes in my basket this week.  If you have one in your area - try it!

No comments: