Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WIP Wednesdays

Another work in progress Wednesday.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I've been cleaning my sewing room this week and I have come across so many projects - I'm going to start listing them out to keep better track of them.

Completed - Another Year of Schnibbles project - Full Houses

I completed the quilt top my version of Full Houses this week - So many things went wrong with this quilt!  To complete this you have to look at 3 different patterns to get all the different size options - I've decided I am not good following directions when in multiple places.  First I made my houses too big (for the pattern I was doing) then to make the patchwork center I would have had to do more squares and rows which I didn't think about until after half of them were done.  Then I should have just made the squares bigger....one things after another.  I finally just threw a piece of fabric in the middle and called it done!

I do love the color scheme and the houses went together so fast.  I will be making the Full House pattern and make the original pattern very soon.

This is what I threw together with the patchwork center I had made - I'll make it into a table runner or something - practice my cross hatch quilting.

- Going Coastal - quilting done and binding on - hope to have it completed this week

Currently in Progress
- Swoon - joined the Swoon Along in hopes to get me going
- Route 44 - I need to take pictures of my progress!
- Lincoln - a Miss Rosie quilt from Another Bite of Schnibbles book - I'm doing it with the Panier de Fleurs from French General layer cake
- Nottingham Star - 17 stars done - 13 more to go!
- Quilt my Strawberry Field brick quilt

Hope to make a dent in my Lincoln quilt this week - and at least 1 swoon block...we'll see as I have a custom order and 2 quilts to quilt for a customer.  Here's to being productive!

4 comments:

Heather D. said...

Abby, the houses are adorable. I love it! Crazy what we sometimes find when we clean up, hey? :)

Katie said...

I've also begun keeping better track of my projects. I've actually started making flickr mosaics of what I want to get done each month, then another one at the month end showing what I actually did. We'll see how it goes!

I love the houses, they are really cute!

Holly said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for WIP Wednesdays! Good for you for finishing up a UFO and making it work despite the patchwork centre not fitting!

Carrie said...

I love your patriotic village!

And I'm sorry for the confusion. Creating it is one of my most special gifts. :)

But you out-witted me and came up with a beautiful little quilt in spite of me.

I look forward to seeing your Swoon ~ love that quilt. :)