Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winterfest

This past weekend my friend Ann and I headed up for the quilt retreat called Winterfest.  It is 3 days of quilting classes, sewing, shopping, eating and fun.  We only caught the last day in half, but what a fun trip we had!

We spent (actually Ann got sick and spent most of Friday in bed), but I spent all day Friday working on this quilt.

























It has been a very long time since I worked on a quilt with so many pieces!  This is a Miss Rosie pattern and the class was taught by none other than Carrie of Miss Rosies.  She is so nice, warm, and funny.  She is so knowledgeable about everything and gave me some great tips for sewing.  It was a lot of fun to talk with her and find out how she starts a pattern, how she picks fabrics etc.

























Above is a great picture of Carrie and a not so woken up yet picture of me.  Ann and I stayed up until nearly 2am sewing the night before.  This is what I have to show for all my hard work....


















50 of my 4 patches are completed.  I have another 50 to go -- for one of the blocks.  I still have another 100 to go for the other block.  Lots of pieces!  But I'm really enjoying the process.  I'm using French General lines by Moda.  The Maison De Garance and the La Petite Ecole.  I am LOVING these fabrics. This quilt is going to be beautiful if I can get it done.

I put a few full blocks together so I could get an idea of what the quilt would look like.


















I think I'm gonna love it!  It was a fun weekend and a nice get away.

1 comment:

LeAnne O. said...

So great to see what you picked out for Route 44... Carrie was in our area in Sept. and I took the class from her too. I chose Moda Bliss mixed with Aunt Grace and Black fabric with white polka dots.. something fun and sassy. Seeing your blog has me enthused to get it back out and work on it. Thanks for sharing. Carrie is great fun.