Friday, February 4, 2011

Winterfest Part 2

Saturday morning of Winterfest Ann and I took another class.  It was called the Schnibbles Mystery class.  We just knew to bring a couple charm packs (5 inch squares) and a yard of background fabric.  Miss Rosie has done over 50 Schnibbles patterns in the last 2 years or so.  They are very cute little quilts.  I have several patterns but have yet to make one.  People are loving these little quilts.  I was really excited to try my first.  We were given 2 patterns to choose from.  I think I will be making both of them over the next few months.  It was hard to choose which one I liked more.  I decided to go with a zig zag looking one.  In class I cut out these triangles and began sewing them back together.


Once I started sewing them back together I decided I was a) triangle impaired and b) didn't love the layout I had going.  So I spent the better part of the class unpicking my triangles!


With a little help from Carrie, I've decided to have the zig in the middle be the colored triangles and to use the zag in an all white back ground fabric.  There are rows that will look like this.
 

Above is a picture of 1 row.  I'll sew those together and than a piece of sashing goes between that and the next row of zig zags.  I think I'll be using the hot pink as my sashing.

I think this will be a fun spring quilt to throw on my table or over my chair for some color.  My goal is to have it completed before April 1st.  I have a busy February in store for projects to complete so I've got to get going on those before I can get back to this.

It really was a fun weekend.  I've been bitten with the bug to sew and want to spend all my free time finishing up my Miss Rosie quilts!  I'm so glad we went to this retreat.  Carrie is coming back to Utah in May to teach a few other classes - I may just have to find a way to get into one of them again!

No comments: