Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions

Happy New Year!  Doesn't the new year always bring in the need to get organized?  The need to make goals?  I went back and looked at the goals I created last year.  Sadly, most got ignored.  This year I've decided my goals are going to be more general -- and FUN!

General Goals
- Be Healthy
- More Disciplined

Fun Goals
- Complete  new quilt project each month
- Complete a UFO each month
- Quilt an quilt that is hanging in my closet each month
- Bind, bind, bind...always have something to bind
- Hand work - I'm loving hexagons and I have a bag full waiting to be done.

I think if I can keep to my general goals - my fun ones will fall into place.  I am going to post pictures of my upcoming projects each month to get me motivated.  Stay tuned for January's.

Mike also pushed me to clean out my sewing room this week.  (Pushed....or threatened to start burning the fabric that was on the floor).  A clean working space makes for more productive self.  I can't tell you how much I've gotten done in the last week!  I only wish I had taken before and after photos.  No one would really believe what a disaster my room was unless they had actually seen it.

I can't wait to start my life again fresh.  I feel like each new year we get a chance to start over and do it right.  Or at least try.  Here's to a productive 2011!

1 comment:

Thelma said...

Great goals, just taking the time to write a few down really helps with keeping them.

I'm a nut about a clean sewing room, I just enjoy sewing so much more when my space is uncluttered, good luck keeping yours neat and with your 2011 goals!