Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Newport Coast

The last two years we have tried to slip away to Newport Coast, California for a week in October. 

We have taken my in laws and we have a great time!  This year was another success.
We hit the beach - which Jake LOVED

  But Sam SLEPT through
We hit Disneyland a few of the days

The whole park was dressed up for Halloween.  I am always amazed at all the detail and the small things Disney does up for the guests.

We went to Mickey's Halloween party - on Halloween.  Not our brightest idea.  It was WALL TO WALL people.  You could barely walk.  I have never been to Disneyland when it was so crowded.  We went back a few days later when there were no crowds and it was pure bliss!


Sam tried some cotton candy out and loved it.  It may be the only thing in life that will keep him happy in his stroller.
The boys had a good time even with the crowds.

We loved hanging out in Newport with Aunt Gina and Uncle Gary.  Gina SPOILED the kids to no end! 

We also got to play with cousins Kelly, Gavin, Owen, and Charlie.  I have to say spending time with that cute little Charlie almost makes me want to try for a little girl....ALMOST!

We had such a good time with my great in laws.  I love watching the kids interact with them.  They even tended for us a few times so Mike and I could get away.  It was a fun, relaxing trip. 



Too bad we can't stay on vacation all the time!

1 comment:

Laura said...

That sounds like a great trip! I need one of those. P.S. I miss your menu Mondays!