Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Park Avenue Place Mats


Awhile back I purchased my first Moda Scrap Bag which contained strips of Park Avenue long before it hit stores.  It sat in my sewing room (as most of my fabric does) until a few weeks ago.  I decided to just make a strip table topper out of the scraps.  I was able to get two, but didn't like the size they ended up being.  So I cut them up and turned them into 4 place mats!  I had never done place mats before, and must say I love these.


They can be used separately as a little table topper or....


set the table with a few.

These were quick and easy - With the scraps leftover from quilting projects a few more could be whipped up in no time.  What a cute shower gift to give someone!  Who knew scraps could be so much fun?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

These are GREAT! When you made them, did you put batting in?

Sherri said...

I love these place mats! I have some Park Avenue I can't wait to sew with too!

Kelly said...

I'd LOVE these as a shower gift. hint hint! Baby shower would work too :) And no I'm not!