Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fruit and Feta Salad

What could be better then a fresh salad on a hot summer day?  One with lettuce all from your own garden.


                                       (OK my mom's garden not mine, but pretty close)

I got this recipe from my cousin Heidi who should open her own little lunch shop.  Everything she creates is wonderful!  Here is the recipe, not sure where she got it, but you've gotta try it!


FRUIT and FETA GREEN SALAD




8 cups assorted greens - I just did red leaf lettuce & I never measure that. Tonight I made it with spinach.
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 (11-oz) can mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
1 small red onion, chopped
1/2 cup toasted pecans or almonds
Dressing:

4 Tbsp. raspberry wine vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 tsp. pepper
dash of Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
4Tbsp. sugar

Combine salad ingredients in large salad bowl. Mix together dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad just before serving.

ENJOY - so good!

1 comment:

marta said...

mmm.. yes, this is a favorite standard at our house too. delicsh.