Friday, April 30, 2010

Burning the Midnight Oil

I'm a sleeper.  I am just one of those people that needs sleep (a newborn really puts a cramp in this).  So I am as surprised as anyone when I have been up past midnight SEVERAL times in the last week.

It all started with my cousin Heidi deciding she wanted to make a quilt.  She came over on Saturday night and we completed all the blocks for a Pint Sized quilt.  We did it out of Simple Abundance and used a cream for every other piece.  I think its going to turn out great.  Point being, we sewed until 2:30AM!!!  I could BARELY function the next day, let alone wake up to feed Sam at 4am.  I don't really remember much.  Needless to say I went back to sleep several times Sunday morning and didn't get out of bed until 11:30am to begin my day.  It was worth it though.

The next late nights came from Jake who has been sick and not sleeping well.  Last night I looked at the clock at 3:45 before I finally fell asleep.

Tonight I have spent the night loading up my etsy shop with new fabric kits, quilts, patterns, and some way cute embroidery pieces created by my very talented sister Whitney

I love the feeling of accomplishing all things quilt related!

Here is a sneak peek of what I've been working on.




p.s. head on over to Marta's blog today - I'm the feature giveaway vendor.  Comment to win a little something from my shop!

1 comment:

polly said...

i love that long pillow. way cute.